The McPeak-Sirois Group for Clinical Research in Breast Cancer (the Group) is a non-profit organization bringing together hospitals in the Quebec health network who treat breast cancer and work in clinical research.
The Registry is a database that collects information on cases of metastatic breast cancer in Quebec from information contained in the local databases of each of the participating hospitals. The Registry contains non-identifying (coded) clinical and demographic data of consenting individuals and is intended to support future research projects in this population. It also aims to identify the current treatments of these patients, their evolution in terms of response to treatments, as well as their survival, as to ultimately optimizing clinical practice by improving the care provided.
Participants are recruited at the member hospitals of the Group that take part in the Registry project. Participants have a metastatic disease or a locally advanced cancer that does not allow surgery, are over 18 years old at the time of diagnosis and are capable to give their consent (within the meaning of the law).
- Defining the scope of the Registry, managing costs, timelines and ensuring the Registry’s sustainability;
- Developing the general operating policy, data-access and data-use policies and other matters affecting the management of the Registry.
- Reviewing and evaluating all requests for analysis according to the parameters defined in the data usage policy.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the operational platform and also the working instructions of the Registry.
INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS DIAGNOSED WITH METASTATIC BREAST CANCER
If you have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer and wish to take part in the Registry, please first check the list below to confirm if your hospital is participating in the Registry. If so, we invite you to discuss your interest with your oncologist or nurse.
Currently, the hospital centers participating in the Registry are:
- The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC),
- The Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM),
- The CHU de Québec-Université Laval.
This list will be updated regularly as in the coming months, with the financial support of the Canadian Cancer Society, the Registry will be extended to the other seven member hospitals of the Group and thereafter, any new member will be invited to participate. A long-term objective would be to eventually open the Registry to include all types of breast cancer in Quebec.