The Quebec Metastatic Breast Cancer Registry (the Registry) is a longitudinal registry aimed at developing a resource for breast metastases research, supporting research in this field and promoting collaboration between researchers, by providing them access to certain analytical results (the Results) obtained from data compiled in a de-identified format (the Data), namely in a format which no longer allows for the direct identification of patients suffering from cancer and having agreed to contribute to the Registry (the Participants). The Registry has been developed by the McPeak-Sirois Group for Clinical Research in Breast Cancer (the GMPS) and The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (the RI-MUHC), in collaboration with other partners, including public healthcare institutions and their investigators (collectively, the Sites) having contributed to the Registry by recruiting Participants and providing Data.
The use of this website (including its content), the Registry and the Results (collectively, the Content) is subject to acceptance of the following conditions:
- Access to the Registry. This website, as well as the Registry and their Content, are made available for research purposes, and not in order to carry out a specific project or particular purpose. Furthermore, the website, the Registry and their Content may not be available continuously or at all time, as their access can be interrupted, suspended or modified from time to time by the GMPS or the RI-MUHC. Finally, even if reasonable measures were deployed to create the website, the Registry and their Content, no technology is infallible or fully sheltered from cyberattacks or other unforeseeable events. As such, no representation is given as to their availability, fitness for a particular purpose, error-free, reliability or merchantability, or their continued and uninterrupted service. In addition, the GMPS and RI-MUHC remind you that no access to the Results is guaranteed; any request presented by any applicant (the Applicant) remains subject to the assessment and approval process set forth in the Governance Framework of the Breast Metastases Registry of the McPeak-Sirois Group for Clinical Research in Breast Cancer. The Data, for its part, shall not be made available to any Applicant, as it will only be used by the GMPS to produce the Results.
- Accuracy of Information. Even if reasonable care is used to ensure that Participants’ Data is accurate, the GMPS cannot guarantee its quality, accuracy, reliability or other characteristics, such Data not having been collected by the GMPS; the same is true for the RI-MUHC with regards to Data compiled and provided by the other Sites. Furthermore, the Sites’ and Participants’ participation to the Registry being voluntary, no guarantee is provided by the GMPS or by the RI-MUHC with regards to the quantity or representativity of Data or Results obtained from such Data, or to their possible use.
- No Endorsement or Medical Advice. This website, as well as the Registry and their Content, are made available for research purposes. As such, they cannot be used and/or interpreted as: (i) constituting an endorsement or recommendation of any treatment, product, good or service by the GMPS or by the RI-MUHC; (ii) being used for self-diagnosis or as a substitute for professional advice or medical care; and/or (iii) constituting prognostics, opinions, diagnostics, recommendations or medical advice.
- Limited Uses. This website, as well as the Registry and their Content, are only made available for research purposes (and not for any other purpose), and are subject to various intellectual property and/or rights and protections. As such: (i)the website, the Registry and their Content cannot be distributed, modified or otherwise used for any commercial or other purposes (other than those permitted); and (ii) any user or Applicant shall hold no right, title or interest in the website, the Registry or their Content. Any publication or communication relating to the website, the Registry and their Content must include proper attribution to them, as well as to the GMPS and the RI-MUHC.
- Hyperlinks may be provided for information purposes. However, these hyperlinks are not systematically reviewed, and neither the GMPS nor the RI-MUHC control their content. Furthermore, these websites are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. As such, the inclusion of such hyperlinks cannot be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation by the GMPS or the RI-MUHC of these external websites (or their content), and GMPS and the RI-MUHC shall not be held liable with regards to these websites (or their content), including with regards to their availability, the exactness, completeness, currency or intelligibility of their content or for any other consequence or event resulting from their use, the GMPS and the RI-MUHC not having any control over these websites and content.
- ANY USER AND ANY APPLICANT ARE DEEMED TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE, THE REGISTRY AND THEIR CONTENT (AND TO USE THEM) FOR THEIR OWN INITIATIVE AND AT THEIR OWN RISKS AND PERILS. IN VIEW OF THE FOREGOING, ANY USER AND ANY APPLICANT AGREE TO ASSUME ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM SUCH ACCESS AND USE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE WEBSITE, THE REGISTRY AND THEIR CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, AND THE GMPS AND THE RI-MUHC: (I) DENY AND DISCLAIM ALL GUARANTEES, WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING THOSE REFERENCED ABOVE AND THOSE RELATING TO THE ABSENCE OF VIOLATION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS; (II) ASSUME NO LIABILITY; AND (III) CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR CLAIMS OR LOSSES THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE REGISTRY AND THEIR CONTENT.
- Choice of Law and of Forum. The website, as well as the Registry and their Content (including their access or use) are interpreted, construed and governed in accordance with the laws in force in the province of Quebec without regard to principles and rules that could lead to the application of foreign provisions, and any judicial proceeding shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Quebec.
Any user and any Applicant understand and agree to be bound by all of the conditions and provisions set forth above. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU SHOULD STOP ACCESSING AND OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE, THE REGISTRY AND THEIR CONTENT.